Freund offers two complete soldering iron kits for the professional tradesman. Both kits center around Express soldering irons, one of the finest gas-fired soldering irons in the world. All you need to provide is a standard American style propane canister (the one from your propane barbecue grill will work perfectly).
Premium Freund Soldering Iron Kit.
Features the Express 367/8E Self-igniting Soldering Iron for zinc, copper and stainless steel with swivel hose attachment. This Express soldering iron features the patented CERCO burner for fast 70 second start up time. The iron measures 11-5/8″ long and weighs 34.8oz.
Available with or without solder flux: See notes at the bottom of the page regarding shipping of flux via air or shipment to Hawaii and other overseas destinations.
Included in the kit:
- Medium Express soldering Iron Tip (9 oz – 3-3/4″ Long)
- Pressure Regulator. UL Classified, compact design allows adjustment from 30-60 psi
- Solid Brass LP Gas Quick Connects for fast connection & disconnection of soldering iron and hose from tank. No special tools needed
- 12’0″ UL Listed Hose
- Freund Soldering Block Holder with ammonia stone, brush holder & flux cannister
- Express Gel Soldering Flux for New Metals (zinc and copper). Easy to handle and easy to use
- Soldering fluid bottle with screw cap for soldering fluid, acids, etc
- 25 pack of soldering fluid brushes for flux, oil, acids
- Stack-On Pro-Tough Tool Box/Carrying Case
Replacement tips in a variety of sizes are also available:
- Express Soldering Iron Tips – Standard Duty
- Express Soldering Iron Tips – Long Life
- Express Soldering Iron Tips – Turbo
If Next Day Air or 2 Day Air shipping is selected, the kit will be shipped without the solder flux, and the flux will be shipped separately by ground.
Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other overseas Customers: UPS & FedEX will not ship this product to Hawaii, Puerto Rico or other overseas destinations with solder flux. If you are shipping to to Hawaii, Puerto Rico or other overseas destinations, please select the option that does not include solder flux.
robert unversaw –
Just finished practicing in the shop for tomorrows job with the new torch. Very high quality product and a joy to use. Be aware this product is not ready to go right out of the box. If you use disposable propane tanks, you’ll need to run to the hardware store and grab an adapter. This product is set up for big tanks only. I got part number: F273754 from Menards and it works great. For the money this product should include the $6 adapter even if it means paying more. The male fitting at the base of the solder gun leaked badly and needed to be sealed with teflon tape. The minor complaints earns 4 stars but could easily be 5 if these items were addressed.